Subscribe Us

test

Paralympics 2024: Final Events to be Decided and Your Favorite Moments from Paris


 Paracanoeing  
**"The nerves were high"** - Laura Sugar  

**Women’s KL3 Kayak Single 200m**  

Laura Sugar, after winning gold in Para-canoe, shared her excitement with Channel 4: "I can’t quite believe it. The nerves were definitely high today, and the conditions were tricky with a crosswind. I’m thrilled that my best was good enough today."

On handling tough conditions, she said: "You turn up and think, ‘all year the conditions have been great, and then today…’ But I focused on keeping the boat moving forward. The middle part is crucial for me, so I knew I couldn’t hold back. Training in Nottingham helps us deal with challenges, and luckily, I managed well today."

Reflecting on the differences from Tokyo, Laura added: "Tokyo was my first para-canoe Games, and it was strange without crowds. This time, I was prepared for the noise, especially with Nelia [Barbosa], a great friend, competing. It’s just extra special to have people here and to hug them afterwards rather than wait a few days."

**Paracanoeing: "The Nerves Were High" - Laura Sugar**  
*Published at 12:29 BST*

**Women’s KL3 Kayak Single 200m**  

Speaking after winning Para-canoe gold, Laura Sugar told Channel 4: "I can’t quite believe it. The nerves were definitely high today, and the tricky conditions, especially the crosswind, made it challenging. But I did my best, and I’m really happy it was enough."

On handling race-day nerves and conditions: "You show up thinking, ‘all year the conditions have been great, and now this.’ But I focused on my cues to keep the boat moving forward. The middle part of the race is crucial for me, so I couldn't hold back. Training in Nottingham has prepared me for tough conditions, and fortunately, I handled it well today."

She also reflected on the differences between Tokyo and Paris: "Tokyo was my first para-canoe Games, and without crowds, it felt strange. I’d competed in athletics in Rio with a stadium around me, so I was ready for the atmosphere here, especially since my friend Nelia [Barbosa] was competing. It was one of the loudest races, but having the crowd made it extra special. Being able to hug them right after the race, instead of waiting days, was amazing."

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.