Subscribe Us

test

Sabine alum sports Xenomorph costume in summer hit *Alien: Romulus*.


Published: Aug. 31, 2024 at 5:26 AM GMT+5:30|Updated: 41 minutes ago
 
LIBERTY CITY, Texas (KLTV) – Trevor Newlin may not be visible, but his presence is felt in *Alien: Romulus*. Newlin is the man behind the suit, bringing the iconic Xenomorph to life in the latest installment of the franchise.

“Seeing my name in the credits and realizing it’s attached to this character—it’s like, ‘That’s me!’ It’s incredible to see my name scrolling with the cast,” Newlin said.

Newlin, a Kilgore College alumnus who later studied film in Los Angeles, has previously appeared as a Wookiee in *The Mandalorian* and a Yeti in a series of Amazon ads. 

“Those people invested so much time, care, and effort into me and provided opportunities I never imagined, especially in terms of acting, not just the suit work,” Newlin said.

Standing at 6′7″, the Sabine High graduate studied past alien suit actors to prepare for his role.

“What you see on screen is either me, an animatronic, or CGI. Even with the CGI Xenomorphs, they used my movements as a basis for creating them,” Newlin explained.

 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.